*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 27,298Gear list
Like?
Patience
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 29, 2013

It was a spring-like weekend, looking for something spring-like to shoot. . . up in the Catskills it was mainly the first buds showing.

Stopped at Devil's Tombstone campground to set tripod and get the head out of the world and into the viewfinder.    With a polarizer and vari-ND, the sky is a little odd due to blown channel recovery.

OM-D w/ Lumix 12-35/2.8

I was going to go to North/South Lake for the Sunset Rock view on Friday, but past experience lead me to think that campers are more likely to check out the location on a Friday night, so I put it off until Saturday.   Turns out the campgrounds are still closed.   Could only get to the South Lake dam, walked around the lakes and onward to the escarpment.   1/2 way there the clouds led me to believe the sunset would be a bust, and I almost turned around.   I forced myself to give it a shot anyway, I could use the exercise.  Got there, set up, waited. . . patience panned out, it wasn't a complete bust. There were a few moments of light that got through here, in the end.

OM-D & Oly 9-18 w/polarizer

A few moments earlier, 3 manually bracketed exposures blended in HDR Efex.

Starting out on the hike back, before the flashlight had to be utilized

OM-D & Oly 12/2, Mono JPG tweaked a little

The 2nd round of patience was the Sunday Morning feeder sitting.   The Red Finches (or are they Purple finches?) are quite timid, the males extremely so.   In order to sit within 10' I had to use a cammo 'tent' and sit for quite some time. . . but there was good light (for the trees still only budding) for a good exposure that paid off.

OM-D & Lumix 100-300

Living vicariously through these again, while sitting in a windowless basement office for the rest of the work week.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow