GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,468Gear list
Like?
Re: Seems a moot point, Aleo. / Yes it is.
In reply to Jorginho, Apr 29, 2013

Jorginho wrote:

With the right technique and MF available you can shoot sports with any cam if you do it well.

The argument mostly revolves around the DSLR vs mirrorless cams when it comes to fast action. PDAF vs CDAF mostly. And CDAF is not nearly as good as the PDAF in a D7000, 7D, 50 or 60D etcetc for this. CDAF is more accurate, has no BF issues etc but fast actions is clearly not one of its strenghts (yet).

True, for really fast action PDAF is the winner with no doubts, I wonder if they can get the similar performance in the future with CDAF, but the PDAF will continue to improve, might be hard to catch. Anyway what I mean is that at least for the kind of photography I do usually the CDAF is perfect. If I need to only do fast action photography I will buy a Nikon DSLR, I think they are ahead of Canon and the others, but difference is not much, I am speaking of small differences.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow