Veteran MemberPosts: 6,968Gear list
Like?
Sony money maker
In reply to Frenske, Apr 29, 2013

Frenske wrote:

Rashkae wrote:

andreac75 wrote:

It is from sonyalpharumors that usually has good news and not fakes

You *do* understand what a "rumor" is, right? And how often SAR has gotten it wrong?

As for the mirrorless cameras, it's pretty much well known that Sony is focusing on a FF NEX as well as eliminating SLT entirely, but that this may only pop up in 2014.

Is a full frame NEX not just a rumor too? I honestly don't see the point of a FF NEX. A tiny camera  behind a mammoth full-frame lens.

We all knew that the SLT will disappear when the on-sensor-focussing improved. That the SLT cameras will disappear is not surprise and not even an rumor. The only surprise/rumor is the speed that it happened. Maybe Sony had a break-through with a new focussing method, although it might be just an incremental improvement since some camera producers already managed reliable and semi-fast focussing in cameras.

-- hide signature --

I believe that is the point of a full-frame NEX. The NEX line is popular. Sony makes full-frame sensors. They have all the bits. I think its quite rational that they attempt to increase sales, profit, market-share.

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow