GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,076Gear list
Like?
I do.
In reply to wingover2, Apr 29, 2013

Look this is all pretty static. Also, you show what many do not like all too much either: everything is in focus. No object isolation.

The problem with CDAF are moving subject, fast ones. Especially to you or away from you. Birds in flight; the same thing.

DSLRs are much better here, not just, much better.

But the very fast AF in good light here helps of course. I have GH2 and EPl5 and EPL5 is already a bit better than my GH2. GH3 is may be even better. But from what I have seen and heard it is not there (at all) yet.

I really would like to have 5 fps with AF tracking that keeps up and not just jumps to another subject that is standing still. Or not an AF system that starts to hunt when I want to shoot a bird in flight, which the GH2 (again) does even worse than my EPl5.

So: you can do it, but what is meant that it can't do it nearly as well as a 7D or a D7000 or D5200 for instance.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow