I've finally caved and bought an XZ-1 - can I come back now?

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,285Gear list
Like?
I've finally caved and bought an XZ-1 - can I come back now?
Apr 29, 2013

For a couple of years, I've felt a bit left out here as I didn't own (or aspire to owning) and XZ-1. Not even my C-8080 made me feel comfortable among the hip gen-X(Z-1) crowd. I just hung over in the SLR forum with the big boys.

But recently, the thought of a fast and sleek take everywhere camera to replace the C-8080 kept coming back to haunt me. I love the C-8080, but it's drawbacks (bulk, slow focus, slow write speed) meant I just wasn't using it as much as it deserved, so I kept my eyes open for a good price on a used XZ-1.

The opportunity came and I've had one for about a week now. I like almost everything about it, and while I'n not over the moon with the lack of a viewfinder and am temped to get a VF-2 to go with it, that would just defeat the purpose of having something I can slip in my pocket. My only real gripe so far is how easily the mode dial shifts when it's in my bag or as I'm taking it out.

The C-8080 will have to go to a new home, I suppose. I'd like to keep it, but the reality is it won't see any use (BTW, this is not an ad, but if you're in Australia and are interested, message me).

Here's a few early efforts from one of my lunchtime walks around the western end of Melbourne.

Mario

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow