Canon 5D mark III in street photography

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Mais78
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 5D mark III in street photography
In reply to murksch, Apr 29, 2013

murksch wrote:

I am using my Canon 5D mark II often in street photography. Because of the not so good AF-system, more than some photos are not sharp on the subject, the house behind them is. None of the AF points covered the subject walking on the street. I am thinking about buying the mark III because the AF-system is far more sophisticated. But searching the web I couldn't find any article describing the performance of the new AF-system in street photography, especially in hip-shots. Did anyone use the mark III in street photography and if so, is the AF-system performing really better than the AF-system of the mark II for this kind of photography?

If you shoot from the hip, maybe rather than a better AF you need a camera with a swivel screen like the 600-650-700D, so you can frame properly in live view, or better a m43 with swivel screen, you will have much faster AF. A 5DIII to shoot from the hip is overkill in my opinion.

Mais78's gear list:Mais78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow