Fuji Prices Are Too High.

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,319Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji Prices Are Too High.
In reply to Jan Erik Stokke, Apr 29, 2013

Jan Erik Stokke wrote:

There were m43, NEX and Samsung. So Fujifilm did a wise descision entering this market with higher quality lenses, cameras that operate more like traditional cameras than computers, all to attract the enthusiast part of the mirrorless segment.

It seems they have a success with their strategy.

I would really like to get the 14mm lens. I would really like to get it for half the price. Would I like them to produce a mediocre lens for half the price - no.

Interestingly enough, the Fuji lenses act more like computers than any other lens I've used. Sure there is an aperture ring, but it moves nothing, rather just communicates in 1's and 0's what the CPU should do. Same with focus. The lenses are more computerised than any other modern SLR lens which is a shame. I wish Fuji would abandon the SLR design, use non-coupled aperture rings (real mechanical stuff inside) and build helicoid focus screws. Of course, doing so would mean much more expensive lenses, more along the lines of zeiss/leica.

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DuhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow