D600 vs d7100

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeInIndy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Why so defensive?
In reply to Grevture, Apr 29, 2013

Grevture wrote:

Me and some others just pointed out that the common blanket argument "DX does the same thing cheaper" is not entirely accurate. You pay different prices for different things, and depending on the perspective FX often can be cheaper (to provide a given result).

You seem to take this as some sort of personal insult.

Nobody claimed DX is inferior (except - indirectly - you). We just pointed out that in terms of bang-for-the-buck DX is not always cheaper.

Except nobody made that argument.  Someone said FX lenses cost more, and then we got into some convoluted ridiculous argument about relative performance and relative lens price.  Some guy comes in and asks "should I buy a D7100 or a D600" the first thing that comes to my mind is not "this guy needs ultimate performance better make sure he doesn't screw up and save 1000 bucks on that D7100 because that last stop of sensitivity and that 1 stop equivalent thinner DOF will make a lot of difference to his photography".

-- hide signature --

-Mike

MikeInIndy's gear list:MikeInIndy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow