What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ajscullard
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Hold back with the tar and feathers.
In reply to sansal, Apr 29, 2013

sansal wrote:

I wonder did they vote for each other? Probably, since 3 of them came in 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

No they didn't come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They came in 4th, 5th, 13th, 45th, 47th, 51st and 54th. You read a quote from someone else's post and jumped to the worng conclusion because you didn't check your facts.

If I read the statement quoted from their web site, it looks to me like they are entering photographs to the challenge, letting the normal voting take place and then ranking their members photographs in the order in which they finished in the DPR challenge. i.e. 4th in DPR became 1st in their "internal" challenge, 5th became 2nd, 13th became 3rd, etc.

Looking at the voting spread on the challenge entries, I really don't see any evidence of suspect voting, in fact, the votes are all fairly low. While I am firmly against cheating in the challenges (I gave up on entering them about three years ago because of the cheating, even back then!)  I cannot see any reason to accuse this group, at this time, of any wrongdoing.

Just for the record, I don't have any association with any of the people in this group, I'm just against making false accusations without any evidence whatsoever.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow