Computer question

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Model Mike
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,040Gear list
Like?
Re: Expecting to hear a whole lot more about Windows 8 ......
In reply to emem, Apr 29, 2013

emem wrote:

A colleague has just bought an Acer desktop with Win8 pre-loaded. His answer? He's installed a 256Gb SSD drive and a 2TB hard drive (for storage), installed Win 7 64 bit on the SSD drive and he's disconnected and "parked" the original Win8 hard drive just in case he ever wants to try Windows 8 in the future. Judging from the expletives he's used in describing Microsoft's flagship OS I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. I can see Microsoft going down the gurgler over this OS.

Agree. The consumer preview of Win 8 was enough to turn me off. The UI is a mess.  Finally went with Windows 7 64-bit for my new machine (Core i7 cpu, SSD and 2TB drive, plus Lightroom 4 and PS 5). Starts in seconds and RAW conversion with a 16MP sensor is quick.

To keep the PC in shape, I make sure I only install software if it's (a) 100% necessary and (b) known to be free of crapware like Java, unsolicited toolbars etc.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow