7-14mm Struggles

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,796Gear list
Like?
Re: 7-14mm Struggles
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Apr 29, 2013

Gidday Craig

I also have the 7~14. Exquisite lens ...

Agree with the others about shading with hand/hat etc. Sometimes someone can hold the shade for you with even better effect.

Ditto with slight changes of position.

Sometimes lens flare can work for you as well. I took some pics at an air show. In at least one of them I have the jet moving at around 1,000 feet per second at around 2,000~3,000 feet distance. I caught it coming out of the full orb of the sun, which is in the left/bottom corner of the frame.

What I didn't expect to get was the wonderful line of flare circles across the frame, such that the jet appears to be heading for a huge "eye" in the upper right corner of the frame! Pure serendipity ...

What really amazed me was that the camera didn't die with the full sun in the frame!
AND that I could still see after swinging the 50~200 at 200 across the sun with the OVF to my eye.

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a {deleted}. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow