What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pat Curley
Regular MemberPosts: 299
Like?
Re: What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(
In reply to sansal, Apr 29, 2013

Hi Sansal,

The most favourable construction I can put on ‘Amigos & Blogueiros’ (Friends and Bloggers) is that they are operating as a ‘club within a club’.   The least favourable construction is that they have successfully set out to subvert the challenge system.

Bearing in mind that the typical number of individual members (i.e., those not acting in concert - I could have said ‘conspiracy’- with each other) who vote in any challenge is quite low, then, one way or another, once they decide to target a challenge they will always take the top spots, simply because they have the numbers to collectively swamp the challenge with votes, both positive in favour of themselves and negative against honourable individual entrants who do not canvass votes from friends.

Going back to my two constructions, both of them fly in the face of any concept of fair play.

This is a ‘challenge’ (pun intended] for DPR – their site and system has been ‘taken over’ to the detriment of honourable members.   It is time for all accounts that have been shown to be linked to ‘Amigos & Blogueiros’ to be closed.   Otherwise, similar ‘clubs’ or ‘conspiracies’ (depending on one’s viewpoint) will emerge and bring the whole system will descend even further into disrepute.  

I call on DPR to take appropriate action.

Pat C.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow