Samsung 45mm f/1.8 Review (2d)

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Carl Decker
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
thank you for the focus speed test
In reply to viking79, Apr 29, 2013

viking79 wrote:

Is the same true for the 45 F1.8 on the nx300 ? Or what do you mean with "fast" ?

The focus is fast and positive.  Goes straight to the point and stops.  Even if it hunts it goes end to end in about 1 second or less (from min to max to min focus).  If it doesn't need to hunt it just goes straight to focus and locks, in low light in might check focus.

Basically focus speed is the same as the Sony A99 with 50mm f/1.4 I am reviewing (which is pretty quick).  The A99 takes a lot longer to hunt (about 1.5 or 2 seconds) but it rarely needs to.  The NX300 is a bit more prone to hunting especially in lower light or low contrast scenes (I am sure the PDAF sensors on the sensor aren't as sensitive).

Compared to my NEX with 50mm f/1.8 OIS that I had, the NX300 with 45mm f/1.8 is blazing fast.  For focus speed it is definitely one of the better lenses for the mount now, especially considering the longer focal length and focus throw.

i just wait until the lens is available here , then i will order it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow