Decision Help Needed - NEX-3F, NEX-3N or NEX-6?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,251Gear list
Like?
Re: Decision Help Needed - NEX-3F, NEX-3N or NEX-6?
In reply to paulcraig, Apr 29, 2013

paulcraig wrote:

Get the NEX-6. I also had a D90 and then bought an NEX-5N. It was a little too simple so I stepped up to the NEX-7, and that was a turning point in my photographic life. Suddenly my beloved D90 seemed old-fashioned and outdated, and too heavy to take anywhere. It sat on the shelf while the NEX-7 went around the world with me. Despite having several lenses and a SB600 I sold the whole Nikon lot, bought a few NEX lenses and flashes, and have never looked back. The capability of the NEX platform over a D90 is stunning. The -3 and -5 series cameras are great, but the NEX system fulfills its promise in the NEX-6 and -7.

I was  reading some threads in Open Talk, and it's funny how noone is supposed to be doing this (according to DSLR fans).  All mirrorless sales are somehow to a previously untapped market, or maybe P&S upgraders, but not DSLR users.  After all, who'd buy an inferior camera with worse IQ?   Of course, the IQ isn't worse, but the AF is.

Anyway, I agree with Paul -- get the Nex-6 and  you may not want to bother with the DSLR anymore.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow