Senior MemberPosts: 2,796
Like?
Re: Isn't it amazing......
In reply to Stacey_K, Apr 29, 2013

Stacey_K wrote:

john Clinch wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

john Clinch wrote:

B&W in a dark room. 3 or 4 hours to produce 4-6 poor prints...

B&W is what I miss about film. I was pretty good in the darkroom and still haven't gotten results from digital that = what I got with B&W film. Color? Yes digital is great and like you I hated color neg film because God only knows what you would get back from the lab. Slide film was nice but again, hard to get a good print from. But B&W imho still looks very nice from film.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Do you use Lightroom or photoshop. It feels to me like they will do anything. It took me a long time to learn to do it and I was poor in a darkroom.  I am of course still learning

Have a look at my photo stream on Flickr. Judged through your eyes as some one who was good in a dark room tell me what you think. I'm not fishing for a compliment just interested to know what you think.

I like houghton-portrait-web and a few others viewed on a monitor.

My problem is, like slide film, trying to get a print to look really good. I have some fun software for doing B&W conversions in PS and can get a nice looking B&W on a monitor, I just haven't been able to get a print to look like the ones I got optically printing in the wet darkroom.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Now thats an intresting coment. As I understand itthere are some printers that are way better at Black and White as they have multiple shades of grey ink. Or sometimes you can buy special monotone cartridges for 3rd parties for like HO

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow