7-14mm Struggles

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,810Gear list
Like?
Re: 7-14mm Struggles
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Apr 29, 2013

Craig from Nevada wrote:

I visited Calaveras Big Trees State Park today with the 7-14mm lens I picked up a couple of months ago.  Lens flare everywhere.  I never had any trouble out here with the 8mm nor the 11-22mm but the 7-14mm is another story.

Any suggestions of how to overcome my limited skills to get the most out of this lens?

As another owner of the ZD 7-14 lens, I have found that the extra 2 mm on the wide end does make all the difference when it comes to the presence and frequency of flares.  There is an angle arc from the sun where this is present, and that depends on the angle of the sun.  I just play with it until it no longer shows in the viewfinder and then move just a bit more to take my shot.  Sometimes the flare adds to the photo, other times it looks like orbs.  In any case, I find trial and error and continued education through using the lens to be the fix.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow