Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimrpdx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,984Gear list
Like?
Re: Plus....
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, Apr 29, 2013

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

Pentax_Prime wrote:

Certain folks are ... should we say upset (jealous/envious/angry/uber-haters) when the FA Limited lenses are mentioned.  They'll do anything to try to convince you they aren't worth buying.  The reality is the FA43 is one of the best prime lenses made for any system - fast, small, and extremely high IQ.

One day, when the full frame Pentax arrives, those who have the FA lenses will be ahead of the game... and the bokeh will be even better.

1. FA 31mm f1.8 Limited
  2. FA 35mm f2.0
  3. FA 43mm f1.9 Limited
  4. DFA 50mm f2.8 macro
  5. FA 50mm f1.4
  6. DA 50mm f1.8 (caveat: described as FF by retailers and seems to perform as FF lens. Unknown if Pentax told retailers it was FF.)
  7. FA 77mm f1.8 Limited
  8. DFA 100mm f/2.8 macro
  9. DA* 300mm f4

My ff-friendly kit may never fit on a full-frame body for me, but I don't doubt that others might covet my Sigma 15 fisheye or Tamron 17-35.  And rumor has it that my DA40 and 70 could manage on a 24×36 sensor also, though they suffer when used wide open.

I certainly won't speak ill of the FAs, only that my budget cannot reach that far right now.  The sub-$200 Tamron has saved me a lot of LBA and budget headaches!

-- hide signature --

Jim in Oregon -- Pentax user, Alpha & m4:3 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Pentax Q Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow