Like?
Re: "Equivalence" demonstrated: Canon 5D and Panasonic GX1
In reply to John King, Apr 29, 2013

John King wrote:

DigiMatt wrote:

Ricardo Maia wrote:

DigiMatt wrote:

walkaround wrote:

"Total light on the sensor" is a meaningless concept.

The only thing you have demonstrated is your ignorance.

Got to love these spitting posts without any explanation whatsoever...

What more do you want? Equivalence has been explained about 500 times already in the DPR forums. Do you need it repeated 500 more times?

Just read and understand this. I think it will help.

It doesn't really.

It merely makes a very simple explanation of the differences between different formats (that has been well understood since at least 50 years before I was born) into a tortuous, convoluted, complex mess ...

The true purpose of "equivalence theory" is explained here:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51372419

I love that you link someone as clueless as yourself! 

Anyway, glad you came to troll, John.  First of all, no, you didn't understand (and still don't):

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/36441248

Your whole argument about "total light" is wrong. If you have some sort of "evidence" that supports your view on this, I would suggest that it is purely coincidence.

Secondly, well, there is no secondly, actually.  Wait, maybe there is -- from the same link:

So please find another whipping boy. I am too old, too sick and too tired to argue the toss with you about these things that properly belong in the Open Talk forum, not here.

Huh.  Apparently you got younger and less sick, eh?  'Cause you just ran over to jump into this thread looking for "entertainment", didn't you?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow