Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ncsakany
Senior MemberPosts: 1,607Gear list
Like?
Family photos involving toddlers' partial nudity
Apr 29, 2013

I'm a bit ambivalent about this - on the one hand, I come from a place and time when such a thing wouldn't even have been given a second thought about sharing with family members; on the one hand, this is here and now. I've read sufficient horror stories about photo printers calling cops on grandparents and parents alike to make me pause and think this through.

We have a son, who's almost three years old. We're in Florida, it's hot, sunny and oftentimes he's having a ball playing in the back yard with water sprinklers while in the buff. I got a perfect shot of him this weekend, it's one of those things where the spirit of the moment, the lighting and composition are ever-so-perfect. The only problem is, well, he was facing the camera. We have elderly family members overseas who just love to get photos of him, and I know this photo would make them very happy. I considered blurring the respective area, but that distracted me from the rest of the shot, while also implying there was something wrong with it. So, at this time, it's between 'do I send it as is', or 'when in doubt go without'?

Would any parents which might have been through this kindly share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

ncsakany's gear list:ncsakany's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Sony Alpha 7R II Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow