Pentax news from a dealer

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zvonimir Tosic
Senior MemberPosts: 2,223Gear list
Like?
Only thing I can add to Bob's note ...
In reply to BobORama, Apr 29, 2013

BobORama wrote:

When I call up Pentax and report a bug with the camera, I don't expect "well, that's not a defect, you can still take pictures can't you?"

Each of us needs the camera to handle the work we do, and to dismiss operational issues because the average cat fancier never experiences them... that's stupid when you want to maintain Pentax as a prosumer / pro brand.   Its a pro brand when pros willingly elect to use it.

.. Is that Pentax will be perceived as a viable choice once news reporters and paparazzi start using Pentax gear, instead of usual Canons and Nikons (even Leicas – see that guy over there).

There is a very palpable sense that the global marketing channel has very little impact on the Japan engineering team, and that for the most part the people we talk to to provide feedback have no ability to effect change.   Its a sick model, and hits at an ineffective organization.   My hope was that this would be taken care of by Ricoh - which seems to have an orthogonal attitude - making p

Otherwise, I think you are spot on Bob.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Zvonimir Tosic's gear list:Zvonimir Tosic's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow