CanoScan 9000F MkII scanner and Mac OS 10.8

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,428Gear list
Like?
Re: One other question re: VueScan
In reply to W Pontius, Apr 28, 2013

W Pontius wrote:

I bought and installed this scanner when I was still operating 10.6.8 and have since installed OS 10.8.  The scanner is a delight to operate and needs no warm-up and is quiet.  Better than all of my previous scanners !  I found that the accompanying software is quite lacking particularly if you are scanning 35mm slides.  I now use VueScan 9 Pro Edition and after a little learning curve is quite good, as an all-around program and well worth the entry fee ! By downloading the operating manual for VueScan - you will speed up the learning curve.  I highly recommend the 9000F MkII.

-- hide signature --

W.Pontius

Do you know the difference in the regular and pro versions of VueScan?  I couldn't find much info re: that on their website.  I have scanned a few slides using a Promaster holder that clipped onto my old Pro 1 lens, (because it was the right size and focal length). They worked quite well, but it was a very tedious setup.  The scanned slides which were from tombs in Egypt where you can no longer photograph, and they snapped into correct color with only "auto-color" in PS.  I have no idea, of course, how the color will translate with the CanoScan, so am interested in the VueScan, but don't know if I really need the pro version or what.  Any input will be much appreciated !  

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow