Why Win8 will succeed. Or fail.

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
skyglider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,012Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Win8 will succeed. Or fail.
In reply to jpena, Apr 28, 2013

jpena wrote:

Honestly, I do not know what all the fuzz about win8 is.  Or maybe I am using it wrongly.

Granted, the initial metro image may be scary.. but just for a few secs or for the first few times. Then... I just click my application and the regular windows desktop with start button shows up and the app opens.

Am I missing anything? Why are people complaining so much?

Respectfully, it's not "why" people are complaining so much.  It's that they "are" complaining so much.

Omit "more stable, more resilient with crashes" from the conversation.  The folks complaining are not complaining about those issues.  They just don't care for Win8's user interface and prefer the desktop with Start Menu UI.  They resent MS removing the Start Menu from the desktop UI and MS trying to force them to "like" the Win8 UI.  Forcing won't work.

A different strokes for different folks thing, but there are enough folks who don't care for the Win8 UI's "different strokes" (no pun intended).

Best regards,
Sky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow