Pentax news from a dealer

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,615Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax news from a dealer
In reply to Michael de Ruijter, Apr 28, 2013

Also the problems with Pentax as a brand are not solved by further isolating engineering decisions from customers, but rather aligning them.   Between the Pentax "stealth marketing" and designing in a vacuum, they nearly killed themselves.

When I call up Pentax and report a bug with the camera, I don't expect "well, that's not a defect, you can still take pictures can't you?"

Each of us needs the camera to handle the work we do, and to dismiss operational issues because the average cat fancier never experiences them... that's stupid when you want to maintain Pentax as a prosumer / pro brand.   Its a pro brand when pros willingly elect to use it.

There is a very palpable sense that the global marketing channel has very little impact on the Japan engineering team, and that for the most part the people we talk to to provide feedback have no ability to effect change.   Its a sick model, and hits at an ineffective organization.   My hope was that this would be taken care of by Ricoh - which seems to have an orthogonal attitude - making products which use the software to maximize the hardware's usability rather than conceal it.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow