Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brentliris
Senior MemberPosts: 2,965Gear list
Like?
My next lens the DA 43 ltd ?
Apr 28, 2013

I have LBA for the DFA 43. Talk me out of it or into it!

I already own DA15 ltd DA 21 ltd DA 35 macro ltd (needs repair) estimated repair cost $250 usd,  M 28 3.5, KA 50 1.4, the K 55 1.8, DA 70  ltd DFA 100 WR.

The crux of  the matter is that because the DA 35 macro just seized up I can choose to  spend money on getting it repaired right now or get the 43mm limited either used or bought directly at the B+H store in NYC in a coming visit to the city.. I really like and want a AF lens in the 35mm 43mm range and because of all the accounts about 43mm being soo useful for portraits has got me interested.. Ii know there is the DA*55 1.4 or the new 50 1.8, but in a way I'm more attracted to the FOV of 43mm or less. I already have the 70mm for close in shots.. The strengths of the 43mm are well known, on the otherhand if it was the choice between getting the DA 35 macro fixed or the DA 40 ltd I'd just get the macro fixed because somehow the DA 40 ltd it doesn't have the same glowing reputation of the 43mm ltd, I like the idea of the FA 43 especielly for candid street work. I think for landscape stopped down it matches anything available. And for  "found art" object photography the gentle transistions from sharp to OOF areas could be very effective.. I think the 43mm ltd would be very useful as the great working distance is a great help in many situations. For working closer in I can always use the DA 21mm..

Anyone else considering the FA 43mm ltd or who has it and still uses it and like's it ? You can help me get over this passing LBA delirium. Actually Ii haven't regretted any of my Pentax gear purchases since I started on my present setup back in 2008...

Regards Brent

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow