So I'm thinking about entering the Sigma system...

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tryglaw
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
So I'm thinking about entering the Sigma system...
Apr 28, 2013

So I'm thinking about entering the Sigma system, and I hope maybe the good people here could help me out with a few doubts and questions...

1. SD15 with kit lens can be had on ebay from Germany for under 400 Euro, which is a bargain. But - does anyone here have any personal experience with sellers offering these? Who's good, whom to avoid? What about warranty and refunds / sending back?  (Never bought anything from ebay before).

2. Assuming the setup has FF/BF issues, in your experience - is it better to send back and change, or have it adjusted by Sigma service?

3. I'd like to learn to use a flash rather then depend on TTL automatic, could anyone recommend a manual flash for the purpose? Yongnuo flashes seem to be all the rage recently, esp. for strobist photography (might want to take a shot at that).

4. Spare batteries - any good recommendations? Off-brand or stay with the originals?

5. Sigma lenses, where do you buy yours (esp. to fellow Europeans)? Very few places seem to carry a choice, so I'm resigned to online shopping, and after the kit I'll be aiming for a 50mm f/1.4, and we shall see how much will Sigma charge for that nifty new 18-35 f/1.8 (if too much, I'm thinking 30mm f/1.4 for starters).

6. Split prism focusing screen - are they available for Sigma? (Been thinking about manual lenses via M42 adapter...)

So anyway, to everyone who'd bother to spare a few moments for me, thank you in advance for your input.

Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow