Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MaxNex
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
NEX-6 & lense questions
Apr 28, 2013

I just ordered a NEX-6 with 16-50mm kit plus a SEL5018. I'm planning to use the 16-50 as a general all purpose lens and the 50mm for portraits and low light situations. In general I like to shoot in RAW and then use Lightroom to manage my library and make adjustments when needed.

I have few questions I wanted to ask current NEX users:

- I read about the in camera lens correction option when using Sony lenses. As I said, I will be using Lighroom with RAW files most of the times. The last version of LR supports the NEX-6 and SEL lenses profiles. Should I disable the built-in lens correction and let LR handle it or do you think that the in camera option is more suited?

- I can get the Sigma 19mm 2.8 and the 30mm 2.8 at $119 each. At that price I'm very tempted to get one of them. Do you think it would be redundant, considering I have the 16-50mm?

- I didn't find many review or opinions on the 55-210mm. Is it comparable to the 16-50 in terms of picture quality and overall performance?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Max

MaxNex's gear list:MaxNex's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow