Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DanLeffel
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
OMD Video Questions
Apr 28, 2013

I have searched this forum, but not found much help for shooting video on the OMD.

So far, I have only been able to get video to work properly with M exp mode.  I know if you push the video record button with the top left dial set to something other than vidwo, the video is recorded in P exp mode.  Everytime I have tried this, the video is super dark, even outside in bright sunshine.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Also, I have seen recommendations to keep the shutter speed at 1/60.  However, with the main dial on video and in M exp mode, I have taken videos with a shutter speed of 1/60 and 1/1000 and noticed no difference in the playback on the camera LCD screen.  How important is the 1/60 shutter speed setting?

I have seen the posts about using manual or single auto focus and focusing before you start.  However, I have my camera setup for back button focusing for still images, and when I am in video mode the back button focus does not work, and focus is back on the shutter button.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I appreciate any insight you can share in doing successful video on the OMD.

Thanks!

Dan Leffel

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow