Canon Pro9500 Mk-II - crappy matte results - help please !

Started Jan 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,470
Like?
Did you turn off color management...
In reply to dhein, Apr 28, 2013

dhein wrote:

Thanks Tim,

Well the good news is .. item 1 did the trick. Overriding Photoshop colour management & letting the printer manage it (& using the canon photorag setting in driver) produced a much better print. I can't say it's any punchier than the Epson 1290 reference I'm comparing it with, but definately on par - and this printer matches the colours much better than the Epson.

I guess the bad news (for me anyway) is having to use two different workflows. It didn't even occur to me to override the photoshop colour management setting & seems weird that I can't get this machine to produce consistant results using Photoshop colour management which seems to be the defacto standard that professionals recommend.

Again, thanks for you help.

(I've attached another photograph of the print outs as comparison. The older washed out version using photoshop colour management above is quite easy to see. Infact although not obvious in this photo, the blacks are much lighter too.)

David
--
http://www.davidhein.com

in the printer driver when you let Photoshp mange colors and select a Canon ICC profile?

Did you also select the matte paper for Media in the printer driver to for the MK black to be used when using the Canon ICC profiles and let PS manage colors?

You should get similar print results when allowing either the printer to manage colors in PS, or let PS manage colors.  If not then your settings are off.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow