Does iPad or tablet of any kind have hdmi input ?

Started Dec 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 10,911
Like?
Re: One of the reasons...
In reply to onix, Apr 28, 2013

onix wrote:

And why I wouldn't just want to buy a dummy external monitor, is because NO high resolution (>=1080p) sub-12" stand-alone monitors exist, whereas the Google Nexus is 10.055” @ 2560 x 1600 (300 ppi), and similarly for the iPad.  What a shame and waste not to be able to get video natively via HDMI or Display Port input into a nice high-res tablet.

So the motivation for me is to get both the high resolution, and to couple various mobile apps, or even just a second monitor for the my laptop.  For the last, there are various WiFi screen sharing apps that one can download on laptop (host) and tablet (client), but you potentially introduce resolution loss, and tremendous latency.  For example, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.springdesign.screenshare.browser.client

YES, so I too want HDMI input INTO tablet!  There is no substitute for this capability.

Ask Red. There are in the business of providing small screens for their cameras. Though probably using a proprietary interface protocol.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow