Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,351Gear list
Like?
Re: One more opinion, new can of worms
In reply to wcdennis, Apr 28, 2013

wcdennis wrote:

Blue Skies,

I think your test methods are perfectly valid.

You mentioned it already, otherwise I wouldn't open this can of worms. I'm thinking that maybe your copy of the E20 is dcentered. I know that folks don't like to think about sample variation, but you may have gotten a bad copy. Wide angle lenses are particularly prone to mis-alignment and my gut feeling is that Sony would have designed this lens to better compete with the Sigma (especially since they are selling it for $350). Have you done the brick wall test to see if the edges are worse on one side than the other? Yours is the first serious look at the E20 performance that I could find. Will someone else who owns one please post some photos for us to compare.

Cameron

I appreciate the thought, and will do some test shots, but my feeling is that the lens is sharp edge to edge. see some examples below.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow