Please share your thoughts: 100d a good travel replacement/companion for 60D ?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hoefie
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: Please share your thoughts: 100d a good travel replacement/companion for 60D ?
In reply to GuardianFlash, Apr 28, 2013

Thanks to all for your input. I believe I know now what I want.

I was again today with my kids in the park; I had the 60D with the 17-55 2.8, 85 1.4 and 430EXII (in some parts of the park there are a lot of trees, and I need sometimes the extra speedlite).

Even with a smaller 100D, I believe the difference in portability would not be so difference (yes, I know, a 100D coupled with a pancake lens is much less bulky...).

In the futur, I know I will upgrade to a 5DIII or the equivalent of that time.

Meanwhile, for casual shooting, QUALITY snap shots, etc... I believe that the new Fuji X100s will fullfill my needs.

OK, it's a fixed lens; but at 35mm 2.0 FF equivalent is always very versatile; and I know from reading that the quality of the X100S is really top of the line. Even its fill flash is very good.

I haven't tested it yet, I still have to try it holding in my hands; but maybe, FOR ME, that is the best choice for a small companion to my 60D without having to loose on quality.

Are there any of you using a X100s and still use your Canon crop kit ?

Hoefie's gear list:Hoefie's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow