Why Canon need a new sensor with low read out noise

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
naththo
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: Hands up, those that did not know that?
In reply to Mikael Risedal, Apr 28, 2013

Mikael Risedal wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Some people make excuses that ,you just need to meter correctly, or you just need to use filters...but the fact remains that Canon has work to do.

Yes, if you haven't been living at the back of the beyonds for the last year, you know that.

Now, the price question, do we really need a thread a week on the topic?

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

well for how long time shall we wait for a Canon where I can use shorter exposure, get the same DR as in a Nikon, Sony or a Pentax?

Why must I chose with a canon to either expose the camera longer time to get down the noise in shadows and lose high lights information or expose after the high lights and get noise in the lower levels

It is time for Canon to wake up, they are left behind for every new generation sensors which for example Toshiba /Nikon shows with their new APS sensor, it will soon be 58Mp in a 24x36mm sensor with the highest QE, DR  and resolution

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Member of International anti-banding and read out noise Association

Definitely I agreed Canon need to wake up and try catch up for good.

naththo's gear list:naththo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow