Started Apr 21, 2013 | User reviews thread
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: My Fuji HS50EXR Review
In reply to 4ever, Apr 28, 2013

4ever wrote:

thank you Joms for quick answering
For english terms, no problem, I have a english-to-french dictionnary, but for the technical abreviations and their meaning,  DPreview seems not having a chapter for the newbies (I found nothing in Beginners Guide nor Beginners Questions).
I think FTF is Fuji Talk Forum ; AF is =AutoFocus ; EVF = Eye View Finder (I quite never use it) ; and P&S = Point and Shot
What about EFL =?

Effective Focal Length in 35mm equivalent i.e using crop factor x actual lens focal length. HS50 has 185mm lens and 5.41 crop factor so EFL is 1000mm.

Iding =?

Identifying

and IQ =?

Image Quality

and what do you mean, saying that "HS camera is not a real P&S camera",

It's an advanced camera where tinkering with the settings manually is preferred than letting it decide for itself to take picture.

shall I have big difficulties (intended that I am quite lazy and 90% time a P&S user) ?

Don't worry because all you have to do is set important parameters one time and it can be saved.

I am convinced now that HS50EXR is much better than SL1000 (I've read this night that SL1000 is one step below HS50 in the last Fuji models). Only one (ok, not main) point makes me grin : HS50 must be a "very big" camera [H.101xL.135xW;146 and 758gr... waow]..

Definitely better than SL1000 and yes, it will make all superzoom cameras (except x-S1) out there like a toy because it is huge and heavy.

Last thing : HS50 not yet in France, to buy it for me it 's going to be "a shallot run" (I traduce litteraly a french expression). I shall report the story to you. Meanwhile, very thank you Joms

Hopefully you will get one there.

Cheers

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow