How to EFTTR (expose further to the right), part 2

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,745Gear list
Like?
Re: How to EFTTR (expose further to the right), part 2
In reply to Chris Noble, Apr 28, 2013

Chris Noble wrote:

Anders, one month later, are you shooting a lot with the CC70M filter? What has been your experience?

I haven't been shooting a whole lot lately due to uninspiring weather (the spring is very late here this year, and the end of the winter season is rarely photogenic). So all I have done is take some additional test shots. So far so good but I'd like some more experience in the field before I can tell for sure. I'd also like to set up a proper LR profile for the filter (the ones I have used so far are just provisional).

But at this point, I find no reason at all to suspect that it wouldn't work the way I outline in my OP: Whenever there is light to spare (as is frequently the case with MFT where we can open up quite a bit and still have enough DoF), the filter buys you a significant extra margin for shadow pushing, especially as far as chroma noise (color blotchiness) and systematic color errors (magenta cast) are concerned.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow