Request for people with NX 18-200mm

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
chrisrabe
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: Request for people with NX 18-200mm
In reply to chrisrabe, Apr 28, 2013

Ok, busy putting the 18-200mm through it's paces on the NX300.

I am getting this awful crunching/grinding noise in lens priority mode on focus.

So I am not sure this is an aperture problem, as in lens priority mode, aperture should remain locked - unless the problem is that is trying to forcefully adjust it when it is locked...

Put it on the NX1000, and don't seem to suffer it there, but lens priority mode is different on the NX1000.

But the lens ALWAYS makes the crunching/grinding noise on startup on either camera.

I can still hear the noise I was originally referring to on the NX1000, which is a softer noise, but this noise I am hearing on the 18-200mm at moment is a much louder crunching/grinding type noise. And there were times on holiday the NX300/lens combo would get caught in this cycle of making this crunching noise, and it looked like it was trying to adjust aperture, but maybe that wasn't it (that wasn't in lens priority mode though, but any mode), and the only way to stop it was powering down (but sometimes having to remove battery completely) I just don't know whether this is faulty lens, or firmware issues in cameras? 
 chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow