FF Lenses on the A77?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
compositor20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,575
Like?
Re: FF Lenses on the A77?
In reply to Graham Best, Apr 28, 2013

Has already been said... when you use FF lenses that have vignetting (most of them have more than aps-c lenses to make them smaller), or less sharp corners they may in theory have less resolution (contrast) on absolute terms but in practice it will be more even across the frame, so might be better for very big prints of landscapes.

I have Sigma 75-200 2.8-3.5 lens in Sony A77 and its even better than in Sony A57 specially at f4- f4.5 its really amazing what a 20 years old lens can do, now imagine modern APS-C with better coatings (better contrast).

I also have Tamron 17-50 2.8 which wide open is really good on Sony A77 and at f4 to f5.6 it seems to resolve the sensor.

See one of my wedding gallerys here  where both Sigma 75-200 2.8-3.5 and tamron 17-50 2.8 lens were used with Sony A57 and Sony A77 (with different high and lower contrast light), and tell me which photo the lenses were not to the standard (without looking at EXIF).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow