Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Grevture
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,052Gear list
Like?
To be fair ...
In reply to Just Having Fun, Apr 28, 2013

Just Having Fun wrote:

I agree with the guys who are getting all the thumbs up

I tried shooting sports in doors with a D7100 the other day any my 70-300mm (F4-F/5.6) lens, and it couldn't do it.

I can get good results at ISO3200 and 6400 with the D600.  So where is a new F/2.8-F/4 (or less) zoom I can get for the D7100 that costs under $350 (like my Tamron)?

To be fair, it is a case of both sides being right, just in slightly different ways.

I guess what our opponents say is that to get images in everyday use, it can very often be done with cheaper gear when going for the APS-C option rather then full frame.

What me and signature ultimitsu argue is that for the same actual performance (which might or might not be essential) FX can often be cheaper.

Your example illustrate one of those situations where FX lenses can be a cheaper option to get the images you want.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!
By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

Grevture's gear list:Grevture's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow