SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Senior MemberPosts: 5,422
Like?
Re: Yes and no (or is it no and yes?)
In reply to RealPancho, Apr 28, 2013

RealPancho wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

RealPancho wrote:

I don't really give a tinker's dam what they were: they were monstrosities.

Thank you for proving my point.

I didn't

You did.

The context of this thread is m43 vs FF.

RealPancho wrote: Those things are HUGE! - implying they are FF.

That does not imply that they were FF. I simply said that I saw a lot of Canons and Nikons. Whether they were FF or APS-C (or APS-H) is immaterial to the story I was telling.

So it does prove my point -  that they are not FF.

ultimitsu wrote:  what you saw were most likely APS-C SLRs.

Msnap wrote: No, what he saw were most likely Full Frame. Do you know what "HUGE" and "most likely" mean? How could you possible conclude that cameras described as HUGE would be reduced-size APS-C models?

So you see Mr Pancho, you proved my point nicely. And proved the point OP tried to disapprove - you have no clue what FF cameras are like, you simply dismiss anything size of APs-C SLr as "monstrosities".

That is because they wanted pictures that you could not have taken.

Ridiculous.

I happen to walked a 3 hour one way trail in Rob Roy Glacier (Wanaka, New Zealand) a year ago with 60D and 70-200.

Wow - you must be really strong. I'll bet your mom is really proud of you.

60D and 70-200 weighs about 1500 grams, my normal back pack for a 6 hour hike would include water food extra cloth etc. 1500 grams nothing for a grown man. for girls I guess it could be difficult.

Generally speaking , carrying photography gear is peanuts compared to carrying hunting gear or fishing gear. Sometimes we walk for a hour or more to a good fishing spot, carrying chilli bin, ice, rods, baits, life jacket, chair etc. Hunting trips is a whole different class altogether.  I honestly do not understand men who complain about the weight of SLR and one short telephoto lens.

I took pictures like this which I do not think would have been possible, or certainly nowhere as easier, with a m43.

This has more to do with the focus system than the size of the sensor.

Correct, and the topic here is about m43 mirrorless vs FFSLR (or larger sensor SLR in general). the bulk of SLr you do not understand is what makes this type of shots possible.

Furthermore, I see such photographs as novelties, with only marginal artistic merit. They're not worthless, but they don't especially interest me. It's a cool photo, except for your cutting the bird's wing off, but it isn't extraordinary by any means.

It doesnt have to be extraordinary or perfect - that was not the point. and I did not post it for you to evaluate it artistically.

I dont get the impression that you know that much now either.

You are wrong.

Why dont you tell us the difference between m43 and FFDSLR and prove me wrong then?

I have no need to prove anything to you.

you are right, there is no need, and I continue to correct assume you do not know them and OP's point is left disproven.

Because...?

Because if you don't acknowledge the exceptionally fine image quality that many mft cameras are capable of, you are demonstrating yourself to be a fool.

The only fool is being demonstrated is you who do not understand that people use bigger cameras because there are pictures m43 cannot capture well - thus they do not provide "exceptionally fine image quality" where some people might want them. the BIF picture is such an example.

Nothing wrong with that, just do not hold out to be an expert.

I don't think there was much in post that even hinted at a claim of expertise.

The claim of everyone else were carrying FF and that you now know all there is to know about the difference between OMD to these "FF".

I made neither claim.

For the first claim, see the top of this post.

For the second claim, I am glad you have come to your senses and acknowledge what you do not know.  It is not that hard, is it?

It's apparently a bit too difficult for you. Pray for strength.

The difference between you and me is that I do not participate in discussions that I have no clue about.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow