Recovering formatted immages from memory card

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Questions thread
AnthonyL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,616Gear list
Like?
My experiences
In reply to Ghiblidaisuki, Apr 27, 2013

I have just damaged a micro-SD card.  It was in my PDA and something caused the PDA to reset and all the files, including photos, PDF's and other documents, were "lost".

I haven't tried the SANDISK recovery, the card isn't SANDISK but I doubt that that matters.  There are several, including the one cited in another thread, that are "free" in as much as they will show you what is recoverable, but then if you want to recover them you have to buy.

If you haven't yet sorted out your problem have a look at:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

As I said my card was damaged rather than a simple format or delete.  Recuva claimed to have found files but when I recovered them they could not be read.  On the other hand Puran was quick and easy to use and has recovered not only the files that Recuva didn't show but lots of other files that had long been deleted.

Puran is certainly in my toolbox now.

Both programs allow recovery to any directory you specify and clearly that should not be on the drive you are recovering from.

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow