SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
RealPancho
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes and no (or is it no and yes?)
In reply to ultimitsu, Apr 27, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

RealPancho wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

Msnap wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

RealPancho wrote:

Those things are HUGE!"

what you saw were most likely APS-C SLRs.

I don't really give a tinker's dam what they were: they were monstrosities.

Thank you for proving my point.

I didn't

No, what he saw were most likely Full Frame. Do you know what "HUGE" and "most likely" mean? How could you possible conclude that cameras described as HUGE would be reduced-size APS-C models?

first of all size difference between APs-C and FF isnt much to begin with, compare 7D to 5D2, and D7000 to D600. secondly man people have been traveling and have seen an army of SLr weilding tourists, whose know are familiar with model specs can see that you pretty much never get an army of FF shooters - unless it is a serious photography hobbyist tour .

People see DSLRs in the streets of every city. No-one's going to be surprised at seeing them again somewhere else, are they?

Real Pancho appears to be surprised.

Real Pancho appears to have been surprised, past tense. What surprised me was that people were carrying cameras that were significantly bigger than I would have wanted to lug around on somewhat arduous hiking trails.

That is because they wanted pictures that you could nto have taken.

Ridiculous.

by the look of his post he know very little about gear.

I knew less at the time than I do now,

I dont get the impression that you know that much now either.

You are wrong.

but I'd bet that a fair number of the people I saw didn't know much about gear either,

probably, but then again you incorrectly assume they all use 6D + 70-200

I did not, it is you who are making the assumptions.

or they probably wouldn't have been hiking with those monstrosities, when extremely nice IQ could have been had for much less hassle.

Depending on what you call extremely nice IQ.

More absurdity here. You're making a fool of yourself.

Nothing wrong with that, just do not hold out to be an expert.

I don't think there was much in post that even hinted at a claim of expertise.

The claim of everyone else were carrying FF and that you now know all there is to know about the difference between OMD to these "FF".

I made neither claim.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow