"Equivalence" demonstrated: Canon 5D and Panasonic GX1

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,086Gear list
Like?
Re: What you have demonstrated is not what they mean by equivalence
In reply to JosephScha, Apr 27, 2013

JosephScha wrote:

I spent a considerable amount of time reading several long posts here and one huge web page on this topic, last night. I am not up to explaining it in one short post. But I can give you some ways that it differs from what you are thinking - which is exactly the way I was thinking.

1. Equivalence means what they say it means. What is equivalent is perspective (you got that right), framing, depth of field, shutter speed and displayed size. Nothing more.
2. It is not about equivalent exposure (light per unit area), it is about total light reaching the sensor. The goal is to measure efficiency of different sensors.

IF

your paragraph #1 is true, and   "What is equivalent is perspective (you got that right), framing, depth of field, shutter speed and displayed size. Nothing more" is true

THAN

your paragraph #2  is falth.

Sincerely

S.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow