sold my tokina 16-28, got the new nikon 18-35

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784Gear list
Like?
Re: sold my tokina 16-28, got the new nikon 18-35
In reply to jfk, Apr 27, 2013

I have used the stellar Canon 70-200 2.8 in the past but sold it off to go Nikon. The 70-300 in comparison ..compares very well. The only issue I have is at the long end.. With mine is not so much a blur issue as a fringe issue in bright light where contrast is higher. To be fair, this issue is not apparent generally, until you really start pixel peeping.

It also needs to be noted  that unless you are printing  mongo sized prints ..this issue and any small softness issues ..are not even going to be seen!! I just looked through an entire landscape book filled with amazingly  sharp and colorful shots. I thought a high end camera and good lens combo had captured the scenes. Wrong. An old small Fuji p&s was used.

Soo back to the 70-300..My take ..shoot it to its strengths and its an excellent lens..I have it on my D800 all the time and have. @70mm its cracking sharp! A steal for the price and if you are not into huge prints ( but you may be given you have a mega pixel FF)  ..its as good as the more expensive stuff IMHO

g

http://skylightvistas.weebly.com/index.html

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow