BHS Portrait - 600mm (1 img)

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,865
Like?
Rusma...
In reply to Kesha, Apr 27, 2013

Kesha wrote:

Ron, how good is the Sigma TC 2x? Is that AF or manual?

Hi Rusma,

The image in the OP was autofocused.

I have only used the Sigma 2X APO EX DG with the Sigma 100-300/4 (fair resultant images), the Tamron autofocusing 300mm f2.8 LD (IF), and the Sigma 300/2.8. Both the Tamron 300/2.8 and the Sigma 300/2.8 produced images similar to what you see in the OP. Both the Tamron 300/2.8 and Sigma 300/2.8 needs to be shot at f3.5 to 5.6 for best image quality with the 2X TC.

BTW: If you are not already aware, the Sigma teleconverters cannot be used with many lenses because the protruding front element of the teleconverter will hit the rear element of the lens. I also found that all of my Sigma teleconverters cannot lock into place (even if the front element of the TC does not ht the rear element of the lens) when trying to use with most non-Sigma lenses. For that reason, I do not recommend any Sigma teleconverter unless you are buying one to use with a Sigma lens that you already own and one that the TC will fit onto.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow