SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
RealPancho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,014Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes and no (or is it no and yes?)
In reply to forpetessake, Apr 27, 2013

forpetessake wrote:

RealPancho wrote:

It was fine until this line.

Admittedly, I wound up spending a pretty fair amount on the kit I've assembled, but the equivalent in "full frame" would have cost even more.

And that where you are wrong. The equivalent lenses for small format are actually a lot more expensive. How much does the 25mm f/1.4 cost?

Yes.

Now compare it with an excellent tiny Nikon 50mm f/1.8, sold at $125 new.

Why? I don't want this tiny lens if I'm going to affix it to a bloated monstrosity.

What is equivalence in practice? -- Add a speedboster to it and you'll end up with 25mm f/0.9 equivalent lens. Such is the huge advantage of FF. The only actual deterrent for FF to become once again the most common format is the price of the sensors (estimated at $300-500 now), but the prices will inevitably go down, the processing power of on-board processors will go up.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow