Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
cwsiggy
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: Many
In reply to Mako2011, Apr 27, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

cwsiggy wrote:

Ok, I must be missing something real simple but why would you ever want to implement something that causes one to have to press 2 buttons instead on just one?

Because I can focus and not have VR draining the battery or making noise if I choose to. Also, VR can make you sea sick at times so when I shoot hummingbirds at 200mm I often prefer pre-exposure VR off while the image itself is benefited from VR at the time of capture.

Why not just learn to half depress the shutter release button and keep it half pressed to recompose?

See above

rather than having to press the AF ON button and then release the shutter.

You get all the benefits of focus-recompose in AF-C

Yes- I'm new to owing a D7100, but clearly I seem to be missing something here...

It takes time and practice to notice/understand many of the benefits. Most who get used to and good with back-button focus, never go back to shutter release focus.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

and thank you... couldn't figure out how to quote both and thank all at once.. lol

cwsiggy's gear list:cwsiggy's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AllNew
ManyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow