Fuji Prices Are Too High.

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
DMillier
Forum ProPosts: 17,575
Like?
Re: Fuji Prices Are Too High.
In reply to chris24net, Apr 27, 2013

Compare the price to a D3200.  Which is the more competent camera?

I'm not knocking the Fuji, it's on my wishlist, but it doesn't for me have much sense of bang-for-buck.  It is uniquely styled amongst digital cameras but it's basically a nice looking but rather sluggish 16MP APS-C model.

Maybe in a generation or two, it will have improved to the point it is actually a better performing camera than DSLRs  - but as it stands it is a very desirable cameras if it were cheaper than DSLRs but at the full price it is a desirable camera that costs more than you would expect for the components.

If you have enough money that you don't care, that's fine but if buying it means you have to sacrifice something else then it is in competition with the something else and needs to demonstrate decent value for money. All the mirrorless cameras come with a nagging feeling of I-paid-too-much-for-this at the moment.  I'm sure that will change as the initial enthusiasm for mirrorless turns to commodity pricing when the market saturates/

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DuhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow