Decision Help Needed - NEX-3F, NEX-3N or NEX-6?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tbone45
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Decision Help Needed - NEX-3F, NEX-3N or NEX-6?
Apr 27, 2013

Recently I had the thought of possibly investing in a mirrorless camera for the obvious size advantages it has over my current DSLR (Nikon D90) that I use for travel. So, my intent is to use this to reduce my load while traveling but also a second camera that may be for more day-to-day shooting as well (but priority is travel).

That being said, I like to go to the Major League ballparks on our trips and capture a wide angle view from the last row of the stadium behind home plate - currently I have the D90 with the Tokina 11-16mm WA lens for that. I have been told I might be able to accomplish this with one of these compact cameras. So my dilemma is this:

1) NEX-3F - still available at local Best Buy with the 18-55mm lens. From there I would invest in the 16mm prime and possibly the UWA adapter to get 4mm additional.

2) NEX-3N - this would be about a hundred more than the 3F and come with the 16-50mm lens. Then I am debating if I would still do the 16mm prime plus UWA adapter to get the extra wide angle shot of the stadium

3) NEX-6 - this one is tough. Being a secondary camera would I benefit from this upgrade? It is significantly more than the others. I do like the EVF and I am a gadget-guy so the wifi and downloadable apps are cool - but will I use those features (I would like to think so, but it may be a novelty when it is all said and done). Plus, I would still have the decision of a 16mm WA plus UWA adapter.

Any thoughts or feedback? I have read a lot of posts and reviews and they are all running together now and I am hoping to get some real-world point of views. I know that I can do a panoramic picture for my stadium pics (which I will do) but the WA shot is still something I would like to do to be consistent with the stadiums I have been to so far. My biggest concern is I get to the top of the stadium with my new NEX and take a picture and realize I cant get something similar to what I have already.

Any input? Thanks in advance!

Nikon D90 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow