Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mikael Risedal
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,022
Like?
Re: Why Canon need a new sensor with low read out noise
In reply to ak1999, Apr 27, 2013

ak1999 wrote:

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

I don't know about "on the attack", maybe some are, seems more like it's simple, if you don't like the tool you can use a different tool.  It certainly isn't helping you at all to simply complain about a tool that isn't doing the job for you.

Why should you work around a tool limitation??  This one actually made me laugh, because ALL TOOLS HAVE LIMITATIONS!  I won't be trying to fling a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood onto my PM2000 to cut it in 1/2, it's a limitation of one of the world's finer table saws.  I won't try to fit a Euro cross cut table saw in my shop, it's a limitation of the space in my shop.  I won't turn off every light in the house in the middle of the night and try and take photographs with ANY camera, there are limitations to all of these tools.  If you don't like a limitation of a tool you have and one is available without that constraint, seems like a good idea to go buy it if you have the cash.

Of course every tool have limitations.

If you thought that there is some people who believe otherwise then you probably think that your are smarter than what you really are.

FYI, I was using both Canon 5D3 and Nikon D800 and my comment about 5D3 was in relation to D800 perfomance which is this thread is about anyway.

I have to do more PP on 5D3 files to get shadow area rendition close to what I was getting on my D800.

you can never get close with  5dmk3, mk3  has 11 stops DR and banding in the lower levels, D800 has 14 stops DR with out banding,  and you can PP work you to death to come close, and you are loosing details in every step

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Member of International anti-banding and read out noise Association

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow