Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 or K-5IIs...... OR K-30 ?
In reply to rogerstpierre, Apr 27, 2013

rogerstpierre wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

rogerstpierre wrote:

mistermejia wrote:...went to my local Samy's Camera store i asked them about pentax and the guy just laughed at me and he said nobody buys pentax stuff, although they do sell them there...

With an attitude like that, you wont see me buying ANYTHING at Samy's Camera !  What a jerk !

People who are affected by statements like that should not buy Pentax. The happy Pentax shooters are the ones who know exactly why they shoot Pentax and can quietly laugh at the detractors.

Just because more people buy something, it must be the best? LOL!

-- hide signature --

Dan

The Samy's Sales rep's comment is an obvious indication that he/she has no regards for what his/her customers' needs might be and would rather push what brings the largest commission onto them regardless of needs, hence cannot be trusted to provide any guidance or recommendation.  To me the Brick and Mortar store is more than just a purchasing outlet, it's a place where I expect a degree of trust and accountability to develop between the seller and its clients. Hence if I cannot trust them, I really don't need them !

-- hide signature --

Roger

Couldn't agree more. I am fortunate in that I have a Henry's Camera Store here in Kanata and they have knowledgeable staff. When I went in looking for my new DSLR I was leaning towards the K-30 (heavily I might add) but had the Canon T4i as back up and was also prepared to look at Nikon if neither the K 30 or the T4i did it for me. I told the sales guy this and immediately got a smile and he congratulated me for not being overly swayed by the Nikon and Canon mass advertising. He asked me how I planned on using the camera and did a great job of talking about the cameras relative to how I had said I planned on using them. After handling each of them I said I was about to buy the Pentax and asked if there was anything else I should know before doing so. His comment was that he thought that I had made the best choice for me and would be getting a great feature set for least cost.

Everyone should have a camera store as well staffed!

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow