Other NX300 owners, question about touch sensitivity

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,511Gear list
Like?
Re: Other NX300 owners, question about touch sensitivity
In reply to chrisrabe, Apr 27, 2013

chrisrabe wrote:

With regards to responsiveness of touch screen, do you find yourself having to frequently tap the screen several times to get it to respond?

Nope one touch.  Too sensitive sometimes.  It is capacitive though so pushing harder won't help.  If you have trouble you could just test it with some lotion for ESD (Electrostatic discharge), maybe even regular lotion would help (just to test).  Some people's hands don't work great with capacitive screens if they are overly dry or something.

I am still sure on the first camera (that got returned for garbled screen), the screen was far more responsive.

While things generally feel a bit more responsive since the firmware update, I still find myself typically having to tap the screen a couple of times to get it to respond.

That is interesting, maybe something is up?  Also realize there are times when the touch screen is locked out (like just after taking a shot).  If the first one worked better it could be a sample difference, but that seems to be a lot of variation.

Mine triggers a split second before I touch it.  Also I don't think it is a multi touch screen, so if your hand is resting up against the side it could block out a press somewhere else, so make sure only one finger is on the screen.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow